Note: All feeds listed provide fee-free content, feeds with open-licensed content are indicated.
New to web feeds?
Web feeds—sometimes called
newsfeeds or just
feeds, often prefixed with the feed format (e.g. RSS, Atom), and usually (but not always) indicated with this [orange news feed icon] feed icon—are a great way to get information from several sources all in one place. To use them, you'll need a feed reader. A couple of my favorites are Google Reader (web) and Pulse (Android, iPhone/iPad, or web).
- LD News feed
- Learning disability and childhood mental health news headlines with descriptions from LD Online (a service of Washington, DC PBS affiliate, WETA-TV).
- Mental Healthcare Reform feed
- National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
- NAMI Blog feed
- National Alliance for Mental Illness
- Psychiatric News Alert feed
- Psychiatric News; American Psychiatric Publishing.
- The blog from the Psychiatric News sees new content most weekdays, and the feed contains full posts. Despite some redundancy, both the blog and the newsletter (below) are worth keeping an eye on. The newsletter contains information never posted to the blog, and blog posts sometimes contain information that doesn't appear in the newsletter until two or more issues in the future.
- SAMHSA Dialogue Blog feed
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services.
…up-to-date information including articles from SAMHSA staff, announcements of new programs, links to reports, grant opportunities, and ways to connect to other resources…(“About”, SAMHSA Blog.).
- TWLoHA Blog feed & TWLoHA News feed
- To Write Love on Her Arms
Journals and other Publications
- Data, Outcomes, and Quality feed
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Reports and data sets related to behavioral health, mental illness, and substance abuse.
- Depression Research and Treatment feed
- Open-access (Creative Commons Attribution 3.0); Hindawi Publishing.
- PLoS ONE Alerts: Mental Health feed
- Open-access (Creative Commons Attribution 2.5); Public Library of Science.
- Psychiatric News feed
- Bi-weekly newsletter from the American Psychiatric Association.
- This feed is updated when a new issue is published (alternate Fridays) and contains headlines (with links) for the latest issue.
- Translational Psychiatry feed
- Open-access (Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 or Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0); Nature Publishing Group.
- Contents for the current issue with link, author(s), and full citation.